CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Aug 7, 2013

The Guardian

Hello Fellow Falcons,

I have spent part of my summer doing my favorite thing, relaxing with a great book.  One of the books I read was:
The Guardian by Gerald Lund.  This book tells about Carruthers "Danni" McCallister who receives an empty, antique pouch embroidered with the words "Le Guardien" as a birthday gift from her Grandfather.  Danni eventually finds that the pouch has mysterious powers that can help and protect her and her family, but she has to learn how to use it correctly.  She is told to always have it with her and to remember the “Four Remembers” — you are unique, there is purpose to life, you are free to choose what you are and what you become, and you are not alone.  Even after she learns about the powers of the pouch, it does not always do what Danni, or the reader, expects it to do.  
    After her Father and Grandfather discover a Rhodium mine worth millions of dollars, her family is kidnapped and held for ransom.  The pouch helps Danni and her brother escape.  Then, with the help of friends and the FBI (and the pouch), the family is rescued and the bad guys caught.  
    I enjoyed this book even though it wasn't the historical fiction I expected from Gerald Lund (It came from bedtime stories he used to tell his children).  It has some action, suspense, and comedy in it that good readers will enjoy.  Plus, all of us need to be reminded of the "Four Remembers".  

Keep Reading!

Mrs. Stuart

Thanks so much for sharing what you have been reading Mrs. Stuart.  I have not read this book.  Your review makes me want to pick it up today.  I like this author so I think I will enjoy reading it.  We will be seeing you back in the Media Center soon.

Mrs. Serdar and Mrs. Ware